PRINCIPAL CELLO & SECTION CELLO AUDITIONS
Audition: August 27, 2021 (Each accepted applicant will be contacted with a timeslot.)
Materials due: August 13, 2021
Place of Audition: Heidelberg United Church of Christ (47 E. Philadelphia St, York, PA 17401)
- First Movement of a Standard Classical or Romantic Concerto
- Orchestral Excerpts:
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 5: Second and Third Movements
- Dvorak – Symphony No. 8: Fourth Movement
- Shostakovich – Symphony No. 5: First Movement
- Strauss – Ein Heldenleben: Beginning to No. 14
- Verdi – Requiem, Offertorio: (mm. 1-62)
- *Final Round for Principal Cello will consist of the above Repertoire’ PLUS Rossini’s William Tell Overture Opening Solo
- Email a one-page résumé, including email address and telephone number, to Anthony Wise at email@example.com
- Mail a $50 refundable deposit to: [INSTRUMENT] Audition, York Symphony Orchestra, 50 N George St., York, PA 17401
- Please clearly state the position(s) for which you are applying in your email or résumé. Emailed résumés should be in Word or PDF format. Videos may be required to supplement résumés; however, please do not send recordings unless prompted to do so.
- Materials must be received by 5 PM on or before the listed due date. This is not a postmark date. Cancellations must be made at least 2 days prior to the audition day to receive deposit back (August 25, 2021).
- Position to begin at the candidate’s earliest convenience. If the position is filled by a current member of the YSO, the resulting vacancy may be filled at this audition.
- Compensation: $87.10/service (Principal)
Compensation: $68.36/service (Section)
- Travel: Stipend based on mileage
- Housing: Homestay and Hotel options available
- Rehearsal Schedule: Condensed 2-3-day cycles