SECTION VIOLIN AUDITIONS (Three Positions)
Audition: January 22, 2022 (Each accepted applicant will be contacted with a timeslot.)
Materials due: January 8, 2022
Place of Audition: Appell Center (50 N George St, York, PA 17401)
Audition Repertoire: Download Repertoire
- First Movement of a Standard Classical or Romantic Concerto
- Orchestral Excerpts:
- Mozart – Symphony No. 39 (Movements I and IV)
- Mendelssohn – Midsummer Night’s Dream (Beginning to 7 after D)
- Brahms – Symphony No. 4 (Movement IV)
- Strauss – Don Juan (Beginning to 13 after C)
- Email a one-page résumé, including email address and telephone number, to Anthony Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a $50 refundable deposit to: Violin Audition, York Symphony Orchestra, 50 N George St., York, PA 17401
- Please clearly state the position for which you are applying in your email or résumé. Emailed résumés should be in Word or PDF format. Videos may be required to supplement résumés; however, please do not send recordings unless prompted to do so.
- Materials must be received by 5 PM on or before the listed due date. This is not a postmark date. Cancellations must be made at least 2 days prior to the audition day to receive deposit back.
- Position to begin at the candidate’s earliest convenience. If the position is filled by a current member of the YSO, the resulting vacancy may be filled at this audition.
- Compensation: $68.36/service (Section)
- Travel: Stipend based on mileage
- Housing: Homestay and Hotel options available
- Rehearsal Schedule: Condensed 2-3-day cycles