SECTION DOUBLE BASS AUDITIONS (Two Positions)
Audition: November 13, 2021 (Each accepted applicant will be contacted with a timeslot.)
Materials due: October 30, 2021
Place of Audition: Appell Center (50 N George St, York, PA 17401)
Audition Repertoire: Download Repertoire
- First Movement of a Standard Concerto
- Orchestral Excerpts:
- Bach – Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B minor (Badinerie, no repeats)
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C minor (Movements II and III)
- Brahms – Symphony No. 2 in D Major (Movement IV)
- Mozart – Symphony No. 39 in E Flat Major (Movement I)
- Mussorgsky/Ravel – Pictures at an Exhibition (Samuel Goldenberg & Schmuyle)
- Strauss – Ein Heldenleben (Reh. 9 to 1 measure after 11 and Reh. 40-41)
- Email a one-page résumé, including email address and telephone number, to Anthony Wise at email@example.com
- Mail a $50 refundable deposit to: [INSTRUMENT] Audition, York Symphony Orchestra, 50 N George St., York, PA 17401
- Please clearly state the position(s) for which you are applying in your email or résumé. Emailed résumés should be in Word or PDF format. Videos may be required to supplement résumés; however, please do not send recordings unless prompted to do so.
- Materials must be received by 5 PM on or before the listed due date. This is not a postmark date. Cancellations must be made at least 2 days prior to the audition day to receive deposit back (November 11, 2021).
- Position to begin at the candidate’s earliest convenience. If the position is filled by a current member of the YSO, the resulting vacancy may be filled at this audition.
- Compensation: $68.36/service (Section)
- Travel: Stipend based on mileage
- Housing: Homestay and Hotel options available
- Rehearsal Schedule: Condensed 2-3-day cycles
To be considered for the substitute list, please send a one-page résumé, including education and orchestral experience, to Anthony Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org.